The Happiness Project… remember in May I started doing this a bit differently? It worked pretty well. I have (mostly) stuck to my routines. Some days, that is all that gets done. Upside? No-one has had to ask me for clean laundry in a while – it gets done frequently enough that I haven’t had to wear the old ugly underwear in the back of the drawer in a long time. (What, you don’t have any of those?) My bed is made most days, and things in general are running a little more smoothly.
My “daily habit” type goals were:
- Wife: spend 10 minutes each day talking without electronic interruption. Most days! And even on days where it didn’t happen in a structured way, we were still more intentional in the time we spent together.
- Mom to Jack Jr.: Read a special book or go to the park. Done. Will continue this in June.
- Mom to Baby Hulk: Make him smile every day. Done, and he is smiling more now!
- Me: track my food intake, wear my pedometer, drink water. I lost 7 pounds in May, but have not been exercising at all.
- Housekeeper: Declutter 15 minutes daily. So didn’t do this. Need to do it this month!
- Mover: Throw away or sell 2 things daily. Didn’t sell anything, but plenty was sent to Goodwill, and plenty more needs to go.
- Financial manager: Update quicken at least weekly. I gave up on Quicken. I despise that program, and bought something new to try. We’ll see.
I am not making new daily goals in June – just trying to keep up with what I already established.
Large projects (some done, some not, and some new.)
- Obtain all our medical clearances. Almost done – I need to get a chest X-ray and John’s forms need to be faxed in.
- Make dentist appointments, optometrist appointments, dermatologist appointments… Almost done here as well, except for dentist appointments.
- Refinance our mortgage
List our townhouse for rentLease signed!
- Update my resume
- Get our packing lists organized
- Buy luggage (We can check 8 bags. We don’t own 8 bags. I will want every cubic inch.)
Time is moving so quickly now.